Louisiana Scouts May Need To Hike Up Their Shorts !!

The Louisiana House Criminal Justice Committee has approved House Bill 1626, also known as the "Baggy Pants Bill".

The Bill states: "It shall be unlawful for any person to appear in public wearing his pants below his waist and thereby exposing his skin or intimate clothing."

The Bill if passed would make the violator subject to three eight-hour days of community service and a fine of up to $175.00.

Could this community service time be counted as Service Time?

I was going to state that this posting was tongue in cheek - But we won't even go there.

Still I kind of think that FOG might support this Bill?

Eamonn

Wonder if this law will apply to Bourbon street and the French Quarter, I was in N'awlins sunday to wednesday of this week. With proper vigilance the whole state could be run off one night's escapades down there.

Hey lady, how DID you get those beads?

This new law may seem to be a case of to much time on these lawmakers hands...however, consider the reason why this trend of very baggy clothing came about...it was a way for gang bangers to hide guns and drugs, and to circumvent probable cause for a search.

However, gang bangers, not being too swift begin to give away the game when the various P.D.'s became aware of how they communicated on the streets by what they wore, or how they wore those baggy pants. For example, A Blood would advertise that he was carrying drugs by rolling up the right pants leg a bit, the other side was reserved for guns...

Needless to say, back in my days when working Shore Patrol in a very large West Coast city whenever I saw someone in very baggy clothing wearing bright red or blue bandannas I was very glad that I had Mr Colt and a few of his buddies on my side should they be needed...

And here I was, thinking those were clown costumes.

Edited part: Just a note, the new law doesn't forbid BAGGY pants, just those worn below the waist. Seems like concealment would still be available.(This message has been edited by packsaddle)

Interesting to see this won't affect the women wearing their pants too low showing their skin or intimate clothing. Those concerned legislators must have a good reason to discriminate on that... Are they ladies' thong watchers?

If there is a job opening for a Ladies Thong Watcher, I will quit working for the Uniform Police and take up Thong Enforcement!!

I was going to ask if it was an Undercover Job, but I thought that was just too easy.

Of course if Her That Must Be Obeyed found out I don't think that I would last long.

Eamonn

Of course women are people, my wife makes sure I remember that! No need to check on that. I must have misunderstood because of the references to "his pants" and "his skin" that it was just for the men and boys. If these hard-working legislators are really trying to rule on womens clothing too, then they seriously need a reality check!