Troop Committee Vote?

FOG, you are right, members would have signed an application, so they should know. Though some of them may not have paid enough attention to what they signed. The bigger problem is people who think they are part of the committee but are not. This is mostly parents that attend the meetings when they are around and think it is actually a parents committee.

NJ,

Your first answer is what I expected. Your second is not. Thank you for your input.

I don't really know the answer, I just remember a converstation about 3 or so years ago with a very reliable source.

people who think they are part of the committee but are not.

BANG (goes the gavel at the start of the committee meeting)

Committee Chair Thank you all for being here this evening. The meeting is called to order at 7:01 PM. For the record we have our secretary George, our membership person Joe, our equipment coordinator Suzy, our advancement person Sam, and myself. Bill, our treasurer, will not be here this evening. Thanks to all the rest of you for your interest in being here this evening. Your input is appreciated.?

And if appropriate

We actually have some committee functions that are not covered yet and if any of you would like to formally join the committee and assume a position of responsibility we would love to have you.

NJ is correct. Applications are sometimes submitted to the council service center with no position, but the Scoutnet System will not allow the registration to be entered without someone assigning it a position. There are positions for member at large (which sounds like someone is in need of a rope) but these are district and council positions and must be approved.

Registrations for committee positions go in as CR (charter rep), CC (committee chair) or MC (member of committee.)

Okay, I gotta go. Third Watch is on and I don't like to miss it. Also, after a long day of slinging popcorn to units, I'm tired. I have to finish the job at 7:30 AM tomorrow (Saturday) and wrap up with the book keeper on Sunday morning. I'll talk with you guys later.

Dave