A very personal question

Rooster, I see your point about the exchange and I gladly remove your toady status. I understand your views and I commend your consistency. Thanks also to you, Dan. I reread the series and I still feel that Swordse received some rough treatment but I am heartened by your messages.

I had not thought about the eastern religion thing but in retrospect, most of my comments were in regard to my ignorance of them (excepting Baha'i). And, just a note, I undertand that Judaism does not hold a belief for the existence of hell, Rooster I thought you would like that. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

You may also want to check your religious histories, the roots of UUA date to the first 3 centuries AD. After the Nicene Creed established the trinity as dogma in 325 AD, Unitarians and Universalists were persecuted as heretics by Christians because they (UUs) desired to choose their faith, not be dictated to. The Greek root of 'heretic' (hairetikos) literally meant "able to choose". More recently, among the religious groups arriving on the Mayflower were some who eventually became the UUA in this country (Unitarians and Universalists later combined after having developed separately). All of the groups arriving on the Mayflower were seeking religious freedom and as I understand it, other groups on the Mayflower were the precursors to Protestant denominations including the Baptists. There is much, much more.

Another point I would also like to clarify. If I gave the impression that I reject certain faiths as wrong, that is incorrect...it is much the other way around. (I don't believe I ever used the word 'reject' in my post) In each of those instances, once I made my views known or suggested alternative views, I left because I was no longer welcome. Rejection has been largely aimed at me by those establishments, no offence taken. The basis of this has usually related to segregation and discrimination and my revulsion of such, but not always. Most of the time, to employ an old joke, I HAVE sought faiths willing to accept persons like me.

Rooster, I do not condemn or judge your faith. On what basis would I do this? I absolutely defend your right to hold your beliefs. I also demand the same right for me and every other individual. Sometimes I feel it is a minority view. I sense that BSA also does not agree.

My willingness to question persons who believe they possess the 'one true faith' is less a desire to reject than a desire to learn if, perhaps, they really DO possess the 'one true faith'. As you might surmise, most reject my queries...as I said before I am still working on it. Later.