The recently revived thread "Sweden Speaks" got me curious about Steve Cozza and S4A. So, I decided to visit the S4A website recently. What an eyeopener :p that was! Then, to top it off, I read that S4A also advocates eliminating Duty To God. I wonder if Steve has ever read the WOSM constitution, which clearly states in Article II, Section 1, "The Scout Movement is based on the following principles: Duty To God (further defined as) Adherence to spriritual principles, loyalty to the religion that expresses them and acceptance of the duties resulting therefrom." I hope WOSM and BSA never remove Duty To God.(This message has been edited by CubsRgr8)

In looking for more detailed information about WOSM's stance on religion and "duty to God", I found a document that was released by WOSM December 2001. I have not read all of it --- it is 78 pages long! You can download it in PDF Format. It goes through the history of "Duty to God" within Scouting in great detail. So far it seems well written and well-researched.

Go to this link

http://www.scout.org/cgi-bin/fs?f1=/navwso.html&f2=/wso/strat/strathome.html

Then click on "Leader's Library" that is on the left part of the screen. You should see a list that starts with "The Basics of Scouting". Click on that to be lead to a paragraph about the document and to download it.