Not since December 9

I, too, had noticed his absence, though I hadn't put a date to it....

but I've also noticed less activity on the board in general recently - I just figured everyone's spending their time shopping on e-bay for Christmas instead of talking! LOL!

I do hope that's what keeping BobWhite away and not the hecklers or illness....

While BSA offers alot of leeway for individualism and self expression in it's program, I do believe that if we run up against a problem, it's best to go "back to the book" to work things out. Afer all, they've had 90 + yrs to figure things out! and only if that doesn't work, THEN try something else. From what I have seen on this board and elsewhere most problems we encounter with our troops seem to come from getting away from the program or because of personality differences!

So give the guy a break, huh? he's only trying to do "by the book" what we all are trying to do - give the boys a wonderful opportunity for fun and learning.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you to the scouters on this board who were concered about my absence. I'm flattered that my lapse in participation was missed by some (and I'm sure was a relief to others).

My parents had a serious medical situation to deal with that began just before Thanksgiving and is now in the final stages of resolution. I'm happy to say that all is now well and thanks to a very early diagnosis and the grace of God guiding the surgeon's hand my mother is enjoying a full recovery, and according to recent tests, is now cancer free.

My thanks to those who contacted me personally and shared your concern and prayers. I know that many of you, had you known the circumstances, would have offered your support as well. It was not possible to participate on the forum due to the logistics and chaos that surrounded my family for these last several weeks.

I hope to return from time to time to rejoin the conversations.

Your friend in scouting,

Bob White

Bob,

Yes, good to have you back, but better that yur mother is doing well. I went through that with my dad last year, and unfortunately, it didn't end as well. I'm sure you don't need me to tell you, but cherish your extended time with your parents. I absolutely am the man I am because of my parents, and realized too late that I never told my dad so.

I look forward to your insight again. Mostly right on, always worthy of consideration, and often the fodder for humorous debate. glad to have you back!

Mark