UCEagle - Sorry for the confusion.. But, maybe that WAS what JH was refering to. I knew the person who took the course got a paper certificate. But it was my understanding that the on-line courses just electronically informed the Council of the course.. (Would it be too much to expect that it automatically updated their program records???)..

So I was asking if the "Registrar" recieved any paperwork with the new on-line training. "from the on-line training service"..

JH might though have been refering to volunteers sending in ALL their certificates to the registrar, which since the on-line system informs the council, would be unneccessary, and a nightmare.. I just wasn't looking at it that way..

The registrar told me last night that she has one of her staff run a monthly training report and ScoutNet spits out a bunch of pages with the details of who has taken what online.

For the whole month of June, our council with 10,000 volunteers -- yay! A total of 50 people took online training...

I AM SHOCKED JH!! 50 people, out of 10,000??? Was that before the YPT mandate? Even so, that is unbelievable..

I did think the on-line got more hits then the course, you proved me wrong. I would have been slightly surprise if our registrar told me only 50 for my district.

I know my family and I go in and take things just for the hey of it.. I took Scouting parents & Unit Commissioner just to see what they were.

Others in my family took nutrition and other odd things..

Just taking things for curiosity sake.

I was surprised, too. The registrar said she was expecting a flood of updates from the online training, but many people are having issues logging in, others are afraid of computers, and other just lazy, among other things.

We're hosting a few computer labs at local schools on weekends for YP training. We'll have 4 open hours with facilitators to help people log in and set up accounts and get things going. So far the response to that is favorable, but we'll see on the days.