Patrol Leaders Serve at the Whim of the SPL?

I went back through my WB files (from 2003) and also did not see anything with that line in it, Kudu. While I do not doubt that you received it from the WB folks in your council, that does not mean it is part of the national WB course. But reading through the various threads here over the last few years, I've also concluded that some WB course directors deviate from the national syllabus in ways big and small. Kind of a shame sometimes as what they do may be problematic and may have longer-term implications (I bet whoever wrote that line on your handout didn't expect it to make it into the hands of actual SPLs!). If someone refuses to follow the national syllabus then the BSA can hardly be blamed for the changed content. I'm sure you understand that.

So in terms of your own troop, why not simply refrain from passing this along to them, or else do so with that line deleted. Honestly, I find it kind of weird that your council is distributing leftover WB handouts at RT in the first place. Was this part of a recruiting effort to fill an upcoming course? Or was it more of a "here, we found these and wanted to get them off our shelves" type of thing?

Like Lisa, I can tell you I saw nothing like that in my course materials. I went through in 2005. Because of the multi-generation reproduction, I'm betting it comes from some AWLD SKOOL WB course somewhere.

Personally, I'd take it and dump it in the trashcan. You have other products (and frankly better ones) already in hand.