I'm with you 100% Ed.

This past week, my son (12 year old Star Scout) was given an assignment to write a letter to an anonymous veteran at a VA hospital. Reading it brought tears to my eyes. He wrote it with the honesty and sincerity that only a child seems to have these days. He mentioned that he was a Boy Scout and marches in the Memorial Day parade every year. Sometimes your kids surprise you and do something to make you proud!

Wishing all the veterans out there a wonderful day and my deepest thanks!

My Grandfather was a Sea-Bee at Guadal Canal. He lost over 80% of his hearing from the constant shelling. We live the life we have today thanks to the men and women of the armed forces. Our thanks and our prayers go out today and everday to them all.

Bob White

Being in the artillery as I was is a relatively safe place to be. However the forward observers and their RTOs were every bit as exposed as the grunts in Viet Nam. The one guy that I knew fairly well who was killed in Viet Nam had volunteered for duty as an FO. During a firefight he was killed while trying to reach other Americans who had been hit by the enemy.

Greater love hath no man than that he lay down his life for his brother.

Those who are better read in scripture than me can give the proper citation for that.

I've been doing casual teaching at a secondary school in a roughish area. The kids were giving me a torrid time until the bells went for 11am. They asked what it was for, assembled in a group and were completely silent for the prescribed minute and more. They then went back to playing cricket and giving me a hard time! These kids don't respect much but are aware of and committed to our ANZAC past.

eisley,

John 15:13 "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."

Or as sometimes is written: Greater love hath no man, than He lay down His life for

His friends.

As can be seen by the capitialization, it is a remark about Jesus.