Robert,

Greetings!

It has become more difficult to find the NCS schedules. I suspect due to learner availability the regional schedules have become more fluid over the years. So the NCS courses are probably announced with shorter lead times.

Attached below is the Northeast Region website with their NCS schedule for 2007. Enjoy your time at NCS!

Scouting Forever and Venture On!

Crew21 Adv

http://www.nerbsa.org/program/campschool/documents/2007%20Res%20NCS%20Brochure.doc

Crew,

Boy are you correct! I started doing a Google search to try to help Robert out without much luck. If you didn't know that the BSA had Regions, you sure wouldn't find out by going to the BSA website or the majority of Council websites. It is alomst as if Regions don't exist. The site you referenced was all I could find that would be of any use. You'd think BSA would have a site that listed every Region's National Camping School schedule since it is a requirement for folks running camps. It would make sense. But no. Of course, I find a whole lot lacking on the BSA website. Other than a mailing address and phone number, there is no contact information for folks at national. Not even a list of who is who at national. I guess if you want to know about NSC, you would have to contact your council for the information.

I was in the same boat earlier this year. Theone who had this info was our DE. It took a while to find out since the regions send the schedules to the SE and then the SE gets it to the DE's. So ask your DE he/she may have it

YIS

Grizzly 702

Robert,

Welcome to the campfire.

What form of Field Sports certification are you seeking? NCS is the right level if you're going to be the man for your Council's summer camp, or you are going to certify individual ranges.

OTOH, if you are going to simply run a range underneath a reservation field sports director, your Council or a neighboring Council may have the resources to certify you.

Have you asked your council's professional in charge of Scout Camp (or cub DAy Camps) yet?

YIS

The purpose of NCS is to train the people who will be running your council's camp programs. FWIW, National doesn't see the need to let us 'regular people' know about it. And since we aren't the target audience, its hard to argue. (for most of us, we should probably be looking at the programs offered at Philmont Training Center instead. And those are known.)

Your council should be the one determining if you need to go to NCS and provide you will the information on the NCS in your Region. Speak with the appropriate pros in your council office.

I'm not sure where you are located, but maybe this info will help someone. You were looking for Shooting Sports Trainings. I am the Day Camp Dir. for our district, which is in Texas. We will be having 3 trainings( Feb. 24th, Apr. 28th, May 26th) These trainings will be held in Hurst which is close to Ft. Worth. Check out this website for more information. www.longhorncouncil.org If the trainings are not listed just call the office.

I'm still wondering if that "charming voice" ever emailed the CR National Camping School schedule. The "within minutes" had turned into "an hour ago" when Robert last posted. lol C'mon Central Region staff.. Chop, chop!!

Scouting Forever and Venture On!

Crew21 Adv