Submitted all my ticket items several days ago. Waiting on my ticket counselor to approve them or put me back to work.

If he OK's my work, I'd like him to present the beads, and wouldn't it be a fantastic idea to award them on the Sea Scout Ship Trustworthy out on Lake Michigan in the very near future?

While am am not yet convinced if you are truthy worthy of such a momentous honor I can tell you it takes a few more days than that to get the paperwork through. But one never know what can happen out on the waters of the Big Lake.

NOW STOP YER WHININ' ME BUCKO AND GET BACK TO WORK!

Hello Trail Pounder,

Congratulations and thanks on completing your ticket.

Not to be serious, but, if my memory is correct, the Sea Scout uniform is the one uniform on which Wood Badge beads are not worn. The reason is that it is deemed unsafe to have a leather lanyard tight around one's neck when working on a ship.

Sea Scouters are, of course, totally welcome to do Wood Badge. There was once a suggestion of a Wood Badge square knot for Sea Scouters, but that was never approved.

I would imagine that might not apply for a passenger on a ship, but I thought the information might be interesting to you.

If things get delayed, be sure that your Course Director knows you submitted your ticket.

Well, TP, I certainly hope you get your approval and beads quickly! Impending congratulations to you! Just to counter what some have posted here - I finished my ticket in February, submitted it and had my presentation on March 10th.

So it doesn't have to take forever...

Vicki (I used to be a Bear)

To counteract, somewhat, the words of BW, you might be interested that my beads have been presented several times in the 35 years since I first got them (scary thought). When National supply didn't come through and a presentation was scheduled, we came up with beads, neckerchief and woggle.

There is no National approval of Wood Badge completion. The approval is at the local council.