You stated that your second weekend menu was planned by others and carried out by the patrol?

Just asking because my experience was different.

The patrol planned the menu. the patrol shopped with money from the course(part of the fee for the course)

Of course we blew the budget and had to chip in more at the end.

Good luck with your ticket. I finished mine with 7 days left.

Just got back today from my second weekend. We did like you did. Planned our own menus and blew the budget...hehehe....but we ate good. Both weekends we had "guests" staff at our table, or campsite. These were assigned at the beginning of the course and we had to "invite" them to join us. Lots of fun. We got to meet the staff that way.

lynn

When the Staff ate with us the second weekend we had to go and get them from a central place. Each Patrol had to guess who was dining with them. The Clue might be something like; a beaver that carries a staff, has gray hair and works with airplanes. Well you had to pay attention to what verse of the Gilwell song they sang and then all the rest of the info was in the Gilwell gazette. Once we were so baffled that we just waited until they were all picked up except ours.

It was a good riddle each meal.

How we ate!

We were given a menu (which was supposed to be etched in stone). After some concern over the items on it, we got a little free range.

For instance, instead of Pop tarts and Grits for one breakfast, we had Dragon eggs (egss scrambled with saugeage, onions and bell peppers). We did have the beef stew for dinner, but that was made from scratch instead of cans.

We were expected to have 2 Staff as quests, word around the camp that the BEavers were great cooks as well as tree fellers!

To be honest, can't remember where the cash for the food came from...

I do know we ate good!

Even with the pouring rain and thunder and lightening (Fox patrol had a tree 100 feet from their campsite hit by lightening!)

I used (and still am!) a Beaver

Art

SR-542