I'm not sure if there is Committee Chair Specific training, but our District has a breakout session for them at Roundtable.

I would highly recommend this person attend Roundtable, even if they do not have a separate group for your District.

NLE and CLS I would recommend as well.

Pack committees to complete basic training must attend New Leader Essentials and Pack Committee Job Specific Trainiing.

Troop comittees attend New Leader Essentials and Troop Committee Challenge

The advanced course for either once basic has been completed is Wood Badge for the 21st Century

Supplemental courses for Pack committees include University of Scouting, Pow Wow, Roundtable, BALOO, Youth Protection

BW

A reflection on the power of expectations - once you buy the shirt, the expectation in our troop is that you will at least attend training specific to your position (I am a committee member - Treasurer). If you're a camping type (which I am) the expectation is that as long as you're attending committee training, well, you might as well do the whole thing. Oh, and as long as you've gone this far, well why not Wood Badge? Of course, you had the full uniform long ago.

It's a slippery slope and once you're on it, just think of yourself as a fish on a hook. I got asked to be an ASM at NYLT this summer (well, you did Wood Badge, I know you're from a boy-run troop and I saw you at summer camp) - what the heck, I get enough vacation to cover it...

Vicki (I used to be a Bear)

Cajuncody,

Bob White gave you the scoop...check your district schedules and your adjacent districts (training outside you district is OK if it fits schedule needs!)...and get'r'done...the pack can buy the committee challeng game and use it over and over...

In out troop we cross-train (that's TRAIN!) a lot! Most of our committee members have had at least half of the SM training, so we are sure that we not only understand our committee responciblities but also the SM/ASM corps duties and challenges they face.

Troop also retrains by sending at least one experienced adult leader along with our newbies (as a friendly face)...

as always YiS

anarchist