I am now on the list as registered for Woodbadge 2005 (one of the first 5 might I add). I am very happy and looking forward to this. Can anyone tell me what to expect (and by the way, if you say there is an evil SM hiding behind the tree telling me "No Girls Allowed" I won't be held responsible for my actions ;) )

Are there any other forum members in East TN going?

Kristi

Kristi, can't help you yet. My first weekend is this friday. Will let you know next week what it was like. I just got an e-mail telling me I will be in Eagle patrol. My friend is in the Bobwhite patrol. I just dread packing tho.

lynn

Good luck. Have fun. Try to imagine you are a scout learning this for the first time. Don't get bogged down with the tickets, those will come. Make friends, they'll last a lifetime. And, if you're really lucky, you'll be an Antelope.

You'll have a great time, learn a lot, grow and make new friends.

But do yourself a favor and tone down your curiosity about what happens at Wood Badge. Think of it as a movie with a great plot. You wouldn't want your friends to tell you all about before you saw it, would you? Too much advance knowledge will take the enjoyment and value from the course.

Be assured that there aren't any strange rituals or secret handshakes and no one is going to make fun of you. It's really just excellent information packaged in a way that you'll get a whole lot out of it.

It's great to get excited about the course and to be filled with anticipation. "Just don't ask too many questions."

And remember, to a Bear, all the other patrols are simply food.

- Oren

WE3-41-03 Bear

WE3-41-05 Quartermaster

Just got back from my first weekend . You will have so much fun. Don't stress over it.

My background in scouting is with the cubs. It was great to be around so many scouters with varying backgrounds. Council level, venturing, boy scouts. Lots of wisdom to be gained.

Did I mention you will have fun.

Now as others said there is no secret handshake but there is a secret song....but they will teach it to you.

Bears may look at everything as food but if you are a fox you are sly and can outwit them.

Lynn,

Welcome to the magic world of Foxes. Others may say they are the best, but we foxes outdo the rest. I glad you enjoyed the first weekend. Just sit back and let your ticket come to you. It wlll! Have just as much fun on weekend two.

David Harrison

Fox

C-CS1-93

C-15L-95

Troop Guide C-07-02

SPL C-03-04