Wood Badge 21st Century vs Prior Course?

You're welcome Srisom. I'm sorry your folks' experience was obviously not as meaningful. My course, beyond what I've already described, was incredibly intense. We were expected on the parade ground ready to go at 7 am and weren't done until after 10:00 on both Fridays and Saturdays. If the patrol assignments weren't done by then, well, that's when they got done. Dismissal on Sunday was at 5:00. The patrol met either once or twice (or more, for some) in between the weekends to get assignments done. As far as ticket items go, that was left up to the TGs - ours expected them to be written up in draft form for the second weekend (except for the diversity ticket item). The finalized version wasn't due until after the course was finished because he didn't want us to lose any of the course's value by concentrating on writing ticket items.

When all is said and done, I feel I've earned my beads - or will have when they're presented March 10th. FB, it's a shame when others feel they have to diminish a person's experience.

Vicki C-12-04, Go Bears!

To further qualify my statements (thanks to OGE):

I took the Old WB course, the 20th Century one before the fall of the Western Hemisphere. The course and the staff made it a great experience. It was one of the best experiences of my life and I acquired one of the best set of leadership tools that a person could have. In part, it was due to the staff.

I later became a staffer and a good old staffer too. I was also introduced to the seamier side of the old WB course. It had to do mostly with people's pride to see how many beads, positions, and courses they could capture for their own personal totem. This insider attitude kept others out and made teaching it exclusive. It was not pretty. For those that did not fit, they were treated with disrespect. Winning was the only goal and there was never enough courses for the WB club that ran it.

You might not have experienced such behavior today because there was a change. The change helped to do away with such nonsense. People are happy now. We were not happy then...

FB

I took the old course and loved every minute of it! We were treated like a Scout patrol. We elected a PL & APL. We functioned like a patrol the entire time. We learned what each other was good at and we taught each other what we were good at. Great time!

I use to be an eagle ........

NE-V-120

Ed Mori

Troop 1

1 Peter 4:10

Under any curriculum, a group of dedicated scouters getting together to learn and design ways to improve their units, districts, councils and scouts would have a barrel of fun no doubt. The issue is the degree to which one group denigrates another's experience.

I have no doubts the "old course" was a wonderful experience and was as much fun as I had in the new course. Both were/are great for the development of scouters and scouting.

And I used to be a Bear