Collect updated paperwork from your Scouts at the beginning of every school year. If you do not want all of the paperwork at your house, simply scan it into your computer, and give the originals to your Committee Chair to keep on file with the Pack stuff.

Then all you have to worry about is event registration/permission forms, and payments. For that set a drop dead date and let your families know that in order to attend, forms and payment must be in by then. Stick to your dates so they know you mean it.

In our pack, we have each den keep a red emergency folder with their den leader notebook. It has copies of medical forms if they are filled out ever (usually for day camp each summer, or webelos camps, etc).

It at least has a list of 3 contact numbers for each scout's family and any major medical issues (allergic to peanuts and carries an epi pen, asthma and carries an inhaler). Even if parents are there most of the time at den meetings, it's still nice if a parent goes to pick up a sibling or buy some snacks and something happens, you have info to contact them and know the basics.

By webelos year if we visit camporee and go camping overnight more, so we require part a & b for all even parents. For 3 night webelos encampment, we require part c for all even parents.

Since SSN cannot be required for ER medical care if you are uncomfortable keeping that info, run a sharpie over the number if someone fills it out on your copy. Make sure parents keep their own copy of med forms, especially the part c.

it's nice that when the webelos go to boy scouts, we can pass off a completed med form to the troop right away, parents can edit and update it, but it makes the process a little bit easier.

In the troop we have a zippered binder that has a strap. the medical forms for scouts are slid into those clear page protectors, one per scout, and the adults as well. At recharter time and at summer camp time we check if we need updated med forms. The zippered binder is small, compact, nothing falls out, and with the strap it's easy to grab it off the scoutmaster's desk for each outing and have available to look up emergency stuff if someone gets hurt on an outing.

Scoutnet gets incredibly slow at about 12 MST and 1 MST. not sure what runs at that time, but that is according to our registrar. I have better luck if I do myscouting searches at about midnight MST. I can usually find people by first name, last name and state, OR by email address, OR by membership id number. but not all of those fields.

if you pm me name/nickname, your state and if you feel comfortable their email addresses[that may be a bit too personal of info to share with a stranger like me, if so I understand that],

I'll search myscouting for you for their youth protection training and send verifications to you as a word document if I can find them. that is if you really think they've done the training. that one I doubt, if they did the training, they are prompted to print a certificate, so if they didn't give you a cert, they probably didn't do the training..... know what I mean?