Lost my Advancement Guy

Ann,

Thanks for the update. Even with this restriction, maybe he could still be involved in some important way. Give it a bit of time. Keep him in the loop. But I'm glad it wasn't the "other" problem.

sst3rd

Well shoot, that's an easy one.

Get somebody else to agree to pick up the awards. Have him keep right on doing the paperwork end of things. THat way you are also training his eventual replacement, for whom it will be natural to step in and do the whole job once he actually really and truly retires from being your "advancement guy."

Oh, she's just *awful*, but that's none of my business.

The thing is, he just dropped the bomb on us that he was DONE. I'm not sure he WANTS to continue, but he's fond of both me and my daughter (they're in choir together), so I'm going to try to talk to him about it.

As I learned this weekend at Cub-O-Ree, my new CC (bless her heart) is a LAWT to handle. But I may be able to smooth the way with Mr.C...

Hello Ann,

If he's not interested in continuing ---- send an e-mail to your district chair or district executive. There are LOTS of other places for experienced unit leaders. He would probably make a great Unit Commissioner for your pack or another pack, or helping out with advancement at the district level or whatever.

Pretty much depends on what he does with the car while driving. For instance, my mom won't let my dad drive her car because he smokes in the car and drives like a freaked out demon on a bad acid trip.

If Mr. Advancements wants to continue, maybe someone (not necessarily AnnLaurel B) could drive him to the council shop, have a little lunch, shoot the breeze, and drop him off before the cows get home. He sounds like he's going to need it unless he gets himself another car.

Well if he has no transportation, you could talk to your scout shop about the options.

at ours they will package up your awards if you email or fax or call them in, and they'll mail them out to you really cheaply.

so that may be an option, at least for a short while, even if he doesn't want to continue to do advancement long term.

when you recruit a new advancement person and talk to this guy about helping them get started, driving down with them to the scout shop a couple times to make sure they get the right stuff, I bet it would make the new and the old guy feel better about the process.