Cub Scouts Rule - New Motto?

I was looking through the spring/summer catalog and noticed some new threads for Cub Scouts. In the description it said that they were reflective of the Cub Scout motto-"Cub Scouts Rule"

Looked online at the shirt and the description included "The meaningful motto "Cub Scouts Rule" is printed just below."

I know the motto is "Do Your Best," but why confuse new people?

http://www.scoutstuff.org/BSASupply/ItemDetail.aspx?cat=01RTL&ctgy=PRODUCTS&c2=NEW&c3=&c4=&lv=2&item=612644-48

Thoughts?

I think we have already established that National sometimes has trouble with consistancy. The wording on the shirt IS a motto, but is it THE motto? ("what's a motto?" "Nothing , what's a motto with you?")

What we have here is the marketing folks not talking to the Scout Program side of the aisle (or perhaps not having Cub Scout experience).

Just "do your best " to make sure your Cub parents understand the difference between a motto and THE MOTTO.

Oh hum.

KiS MiF

YiS

Yeah, I wouild say it's simple: One is a shirt motto, the other is the Cub Scout Motto.

But I also know I took my entire Bear ADL year to convince the scouts that you DO NOT HAVE TO burn the US flag if it touches the ground!

:(