Has anyone tried the Fast Tracks

And if so, how did you like it?

I am the Wolf leader this year. I have been a Bear leader, Webelos leader and Assistant SM (that is my other position right now. I know that I can plan meetings and get boys where they need to be but I am working again and really don't have the time. I am also acting as a den leader coach to another local Pack right now.

I was told about this tonight at the Troop meeting and was wondering how it worked for those of you that have tried it.

Any thoughts and recommendations would be appreciated.

If you use Fast Tracks you are supposed to use it EXACTLY. BSA still his it in the "development" stage and the only way to compare apples with apples and not coconuts is to use it as written.

That said, it moves all responsibility for completing requirements from the family, to the den leader. Yes, it lays out the meetings for you, but then so does Program Helps. However it lacks flexibility.

I have looked at it, and I don't particularly like the concept of taking the family out of the mix. Earning awards is NOT (yet) the ONLY purpose of Cub Scouting.

Kittle and Fellow Scouters,

I have heard little about Fast Tracks. Here, I'm offering my own thoughts from the little I've heard.

But I believe as you ask this question, everyone should be aware, Fast Tracks is currently a national BSA test bed or pilot program within the Cub Scouts program.

Like all other Scouting programs, some have been test bed for some time, before a nation wide roll out (like the Cub Scout Soccer program).

Instead of using all the Packs within one Council, Fast Tracks is being offered to selected and eligible Packs throughout the BSA.

So, not all Packs have been offered Fast Tracks, and it may be another year before the entire program has been debuted. So, some Cub Scouters on this forum may express interest without understanding it is a limited pilot program.

Scouting Forever and Venture On!

Crew21 Adv

I am assuming then that it is being offered to my Pack. When I put in my Pack number, it allowed me to go farther. Plus another leader in out unit is using it. He is the Tiger and Bear leader.

I was just trying to make things a little easier for me considering that I am also the ASM for our Troop.

There are no restrictions on which Packs can access the information. Just follow the link on the national site.

If you follow it to the letter, you'll be going on a lot of field trips. Our Pack has been looking at this for almost 2 months. The ideas are good, but I think there needs to be a little flexibility built into it.

I'm new to the leadership role (not new to scouting). In looking over the Fast Tracks for Webelos, I am unsure how you could possibly accomplish all of items in an hour long meeting. I am undecided if I will use the Fast Tracks or the plan from the Webelos leader guide (our first den meeting is the first Monday of October).