first pack meeting...

well - this was my first real pack meeting as a cubmaster - and being able to run things like i wanted to try..

flag ceremony went fine - the same kid who also says something goofy - still did it but its nice to see him coming out of his shell.

i made a bobcat brew (dry ice and water in a cauldron) and added all the 'ingredients' to make a bobcat.. salute/motto/handshake/ etc etc etc and invited all of the new bobcats up to the stage to be recognized

told one of those goofy audience participation stories where they yell stuff out when you say a word - they all really liked it and it got some good laughs

dens gave out their awards - no problems that i heard yet.

i even got to walk a new tiger cub scout through the requirements for his tiger totem - and he felt pretty darn good over that. plus he had met the scouts at a show and sell for popcorn and had been reading the tiger book for about a week.. so he was ready..

to top it off - i am always rushing to the meetings and have a hard time getting something to eat. so i got my favorite pizza joint to donate some pizza, we bought some drinks, and made just under $100 for the pack (were trying to save up for a new derby track and electronics). bad thing is i didnt eat any b/c i was so rushed with other things :(

one scout didnt sell any popcorn - so he wrote the pack a $50 check. we didnt ask (though they did in the past) its nice to have them realizing the work we are putting into it and donating that way.

and finally - it looks like our popcorn sale will be rpetty decent for our first year.

especially when you consider my other thread about the pseudo-step-parent and his fiasco :(

i forgot to add - that since the progress towards ranks were recalled for the wolves - we came up with a custom one made from the leather rounds and stamped with the wolf and bear heads... ill try to upload a pic sometime soon :)

" I love it when a plan comes together"

Mucho congrats.. Don't forget to let others have some fun too. Ya gotta make sure other parents have some of the good feeling too!

In other words, don't let yourself do everything.

KiS MiF YiS