Inappropriate Announcement song?

OK, I wasn't going to get into this, but here's my 2 cents anyway ;)

I don't have a problem with this song - if it is "short & sweet", just the first verse (what a horrible way to be bored to death).

I have no worries that the boys will break out in the song in school or church. They may be short & young, but they are NOT idiots! Even by 1st grade they know that there is a time & place for most things & they know what will happen to them if they forget that.

School is boring, church is boring, being lectured at by an adult is BORING!

Cub Scouts is SUPPOSED to be FUN. Cub Scouts is SUPPOSED to be SILLY. Cub Scouts are SUPPOSED to be LOUD. Cub Scouts are SUPPOSED to INTERRUPT (that IS the point of a run-on after all). Cub Scouts are SUPPOSED to be having FUN! Fun for a Cub Scout is WAY different than fun for an adult. Cub Scout LEADERS are SUPPOSED to ACT LIKE THEY ARE 8 YEARS OLD AGAIN!

I just love the look on the boy's faces when they realize that I WANT them to yell at the top of their lungs! I love the looks on their parents faces when they realize I want THEM to yell at the top of their lungs TOO! :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow, I guess I've never heard the rest of the song.   Our version must be the "short & sweet" one:   Announcements, announcements, announcements, A terrible death to die, a terrible death