Our Pack is planning on sitting up a small tent on one end of a wagon, putting some hay bails around a "campfire" and have the boys sit on the hay bails. We are also going to put our flag on it somewhere.

HAVE FUN!!!!!

Don't forget to follow the G2SS rules:

Section IX: Parade Floats and Hayrides

The BSA rule prohibiting the transportation of passengers in the backs of trucks or on trailers may be tempered for parade floats or hayrides, provided that the following points are strcitly followed to prevent injuries:

1. Transportation to and from the parade or hayride site is not allowed on the truck or trailer.

2. Those persons riding, whether seated or standing, must be able to hold on to something stationary.

3. Legs should not dangle over the side.

4. Flashing lights must illuminate a vehicle used for a hayride after dark, or the vehicle must be followed by a vehicle with flashing lights.

jd

Don't forget - From the Guide To Safe Scouting -

Parade Floats and Hayrides

The BSA rule prohibiting the transportation of passengers in the backs of trucks or on trailers may be tempered for parade floats or hayrides, provided that the following points are strictly followed to prevent injuries:

1) Transportation to and from the parade or hayride site is not allowed on the truck or trailer.

2) Those persons riding, whether seated or standing, must be able to hold on to something stationary.

3) Legs should not hang over the side.

4) Flashing lights must illuminate a vehicle used for a hayride after dark, or the vehicle must be followed by a vehicle with flashing lights

You guys scare me when you think alike and post the same darned thing within minutes of each other...lol

I was wondering about ideas myself for parade floats when I read kittles idea...that sounds GREAT!!!

I was thinking about School Night for Scouting and the race car theme...but I would think more people would associate cubs and bsa with camping.

Any other ideas I can mooch off of....

Scouting Round-Up?? Go with the whole Old West thing. Chaps for your little chaps! Hand out licorice ropes stapled with registration contact information. Or bullseyes, or cowtales . . .

Or tin stars (cardboard cutouts wrapped in foil).

The most important thing (besides having fun) might be to help the boys realize they're responsible for PR - they have to look and behave well, etc. The whole town will be checking them out.

Can you get a horse to tie to the wagon?

jd