Need ideas for Wolf den

The wolf leader and I (the Webelos leader) are exchanging dens for a couple weeks. I am needing an idea for tommorrow nights meating. Last week we did relays and they tried to walk on stilts.

Kittle

At tonight's meeting, we're going to wrap ends of rope, practice tying knots, and tie two cords together (electives 17a, e, and g). Then we'll tie the ropes to make rings and play ring toss (elective 4c). We're also listening to reports on books they've read about pets (14c), making Indian spears to use in a skit (2d), and if we have time we'll learn to say hello and count to 10 in another language. (22a and b)

It's our last meeting of the year. Yeah!

Our Wolves used electrical tape to "whip" rope and then duct tape to tape together the two "whipped" ends to make the rings for ring toss.

Kittle, your at the end of the wolf year - what you do these next two weeks should depend on what they've done for the last 40. But here are some ideas: do a quick check for some fun, simple electives they haven't hit yet - or consider(parts of) Leave No Trace. As Bears they'll need the LNT to work on the World Conservation Award and the CS Outdoor Activity Award. Is thee an area that the usual DL wasn't all that excited about? Maybe he/she stayed away from Native Americans, or from the "building things" electives. We all have favored areas - what do you like that the other DL doesn't?

Good Luck

KISMIF

jd

This is not what you are looking for but here is what we did at last night's meeting which was our last regular meeting of the 'Wolf' year...

played 3 of the games we have made or have played during the year

talked about things we've learned

talked about all the fun we've had

and the most important...

PIGGED out on chocolate sundaes (I don't know why they thought this was the best part of the meeting ;))

I am going to have 2 den meetings a month this summer, not to work on Bear work but perhaps beltloops/pins maybe go fishing, just fun stuff.

I just wanted to party last night.

NOBODY went away hungry or frowning!

Carol

Thanks for the ideas. I will put them back in case we exchange again. I had a serious migraine when I go tto the meeting this afternoon and the Bear leader offered to take the Wolves (2 boys) along with her Bear (1 boy) so I could go home and sleep it off. I wanted to hug her.

Thanks again,

Kittle

Our Tigers are going to make neckerchief slides or whatever else they want to make out of self hardening clay tonight. Last week we made rain sticks. They really had a blast with that and it only took about 30 min. Next week is our last Den meeting and we are planning to just have fun playing games and eating. Our pack has there crossover campout on June 10 and then we have at least 1 activity in July planned plus summer camp and in August we have a activity planned and a campout planned for outside the scout hut.

Julie