(1) Ladies shirts tucked in ??? (2) How do Women Leaders Salute??

I sent an email to National Headquarters regarding this policy (or lack there of and this is their response)

"On page 1 of the Insignia Guide 2005, it says under Official Policy, The leaders of Scouting both volunteer and professional promote the wearing of the correct complete uniform on all suitable occasions. On the same page, under Official Uniforms, it also says (and this is an excerpt form BSA Rules and Regulations, Clause 2), The official uniforms authorized as evidence of official relationship to the Boy Scouts of America shall be those approved by action of the Executive Board of the Boy scouts of America from time to time, as illustrated and correctly described in the handbooks, catalogs, and other official publications of the Boy Scouts of America.

Both the Female Leader Uniform Inspection sheet, No. 34281, and the 2005 Boy Scouts of America Official Retail Catalog show female leaders in uniform, and in every case they have their shirt tails tucked in. So, as it says in Clause 2 above, that makes it official. "

I don't know many women who look good in yellow! Wonder why they chose yellow?! I have them men's shirt. It was too long to tuck in. I took it to a tailor and had it cut and hemmed. Looks much neater than bunched up in my pants!

Just have to add, Peaceful1, that I know of some men that don't look good with their uniforms tucked in. With that sais, I expect the boys to wear theirs tucked in so I will wear mine tucked in (unless I find myself expecting again).

Peaceful1

I wear a ladies Tan shirt, no tail on my uniform.. and I always wear it tucked in, I am just glad now I have the "official word" on how the shirts (tan/yellow men/womens) are ALL suppose to be worn