? about adults required

coed overnight activities even those including parent and childrequire male and female adult leaders, both of whom must be 21 years of age or older, and one of whom must be a registered member of the BSA

So I would have immediately agreed that women leaders were fine.

There is one way to read the requirement, though, that says that a male leader is required. The activity is coed - you have males and females - therefore you need both genders of leaders.

I wouldn't have read it that way - I would think that the "coed" part refers to youth, but I can see that it doesn't say that.

Get with the 21st century, Bart.

Allowing boys to go off into the woods when the latrines are full is not "inclusive." Camp Woodruff banned the practice last summer when the teenage girl staffers complained.

Kudu, I did say that it was a church campout. There were no girls/women to complain about it not being inclusive. ;)

KC9DDI writes:

And here I was worried about whether or not we would be able to tie the decline of the Patrol Method with a man's posture while urinating...

Using the Guide to Safe Scouting to dumb the Boy Scout program down to the Cub Scout level is all about safety, KC9DDI.

Splatter is a health concern, not only for the boys but for wildlife that chews urine-soaked wood for the salt content.

Oh, and Scout Spirit: Splatter is not friendly, courteous, obedient, or clean.

Yours at 300 feet,

Kudu

OldGreyEagle, some people say that adult Scouters should camp 300 feet from young Scouts, so that they're really using the patrol method and not relying on adults.

You're right, Kudu, that boy could have been told to go in his pants instead of out behind a tree, but young kids often don't bother trying to go until they really have to go. What would you suggest having him do? Anyway, it was the 90's.