Check out this web site. It has travel and individual sizes for everything you might need to make a hiking trip more comfortable. Some of the condiments along with your store bought semi -home made lightweight backpacking meals will make for a great campout.

http://www.minimus.biz/default.aspx

Who has some other favorite items and places to buy them for making "roughing it" not so rough?

thx for the link....lots of fun looking thru their offerings......I enjoyed looking at the variety of condiments offered. Nice selection of hot sauces......

But in our troop we will buy the big box and break it down....less expensive and lot less waste.

All those little bags, boxes and bottles makes for lots of trash.

With that said I really like the single serving spam packets and the envelopes of chicken or tuna. Fantastic.

Also being the dirt bag I am.....Not sure I could bring myself to spend .18 for a pack of ketchup and mustard when you can get it from any fast food restaurant for free. The local truck stop has hot sauce in individual packets....

Actually in looking and thinking about it.....it might be a great idea for a christmas gift for the boys in the troop.......They are hot fanatics....we hauled 22 bottles of hot sauce to the dining hall for every meal..... The SPL had the case handcuffed to his wrist the first day.....it was funny. The other troops were wondering what was going on.

I've used this site before, mostly for re-stocking my first kit with things like Cortaid and antibiotic ointment. Small items like this come originally in first aid kids, but are hard to find separately.

I get condiment packets from restaurants. Basementdweller hints that there might be a shady aspect to doing this. I look at it like this - I never walk in a take a big handful; when I am eating there, I take a few packets, no more than you would expect a customer who really likes condiments on their food would otherwise take, and stock up on them over the course of the year. Sometimes you can even find interesting things like sauerkraut.

A friend of mine from Ky. has a leather belt sheath for his Tobasco. He hikes with it.

There was a guy with one of those at camp last summer. Great conversation starter.

my favorie is repacked cous cous with a flavor pack and either a tin foil envelope of salmon, chicken or tuna. Boil a cup of water, add it to the mix, cover and wait one minute. Has protein, carbs and its hot and a belly full

Ramen is nice...we get dehydrated vegies and add them. Any of the korr side dishes work. I will say I get tired of noodles for dinner. We do a loaded mashed potato that is good. We have fried up spam and made spam and cheese on tortias a time or two.

I make a batch of hudson bay bread and peanut butter for breakfast. very nice and holds up well in the backpack.

Usually cheese and summer sausage and crackers for lunch.

When I have asked the manager at different fast food restaurants if I can have some extra condiment packets, straws, etc for scout activities they are always given freely and with a smile. No need to take extra during visits and stockpile, and it serves as a better role model for our scouts. Minor, to be sure, but the little things add up.

Cool site, I have some first aid kits to re-stock and an order here will fill the bill!

A friend of mine from Ky. has a leather belt sheath for his Tobasco. He hikes with it

That was one of the leatherworking crafts this year at summer camp. I was wondering why so many kids were walking around with Tabasco bottles, until I went into the commisary and started snooping around. I regret not picking up one now, and working on it during camp. I believe it was called the Hot Shot! I might just wear that all the time!!