After every campout we reaize things that we need. I was wondering if anyone out there had an electronic copy of the fire guard roster and emergency fire procedures that we have a seen at camp. I wanted to start posting these responsibilities when we camp.

Troop24

You are the bomb. That is exactly what I was looking for. I too think I will have it laminated.

On another note I think that I found it yesterday, but my computer locked up and all shut down before the file fully opened.

SctDad,

My pleasure. That chart is one of the few things we got gigged on last year at summer camp so I decided we needed a better plan. Eventually we will have one for each patrol box, but right now I want at least one for the main bulletin board so the SPL can appoint a fire marshal and we can be prepared!

"Do not light a fire unless you have established the means to easily extinguish it".

Note the word "easily" . A one quart pot of water does not qualify, in my experience. A shovel, a rake, and several 5 gallon buckets, FULL of water, all close to hand is more like it.

"A shovel, a rake, and several 5 gallon buckets, FULL of water, all close to hand is more like it."

That is why at our council Regional Jamboree and Family Camp, part of the inspection was to have dedicated fire fighting equipment in a marked location.

BTW, My Cub Scouts and their parents helped to make sure that we ACED our campsite inspection. Blue Ribbon.