Who pays for camping fees?

In your unit, who pays for short term camping fees, the individual scouts or the unit? I'm not talking about food costs or about long term permit fees. I'm asking about the per-head fees that are charged by a campground, or by the distict for Camporees, Webelos Woods, etc.

In our unit, the troop generally pays for site fees. Food & transportation costs are paid by individuals, scouts and adults alike. Activity fees on an outing may vary. If they are nominal, such as $50 for a group activity, the troop usually pays. More expensive activities, like rafting or skiing, the costs are paid for by individuals. Sometimes, the troop will pay a portion of the fee for scouts.

SA

Scouts pay for food and gas. Typically, we fund the cost of the campsite fee or camporee fees to the Troop.

However, the past two years have seen our fundraising drop to almost nothing. Last year, only three Scouts in our troop sold popcorn and their combined sales only netted us $150.00. So, all of our trips since the Spring have been paid for fully by the participating Scouts and their families. That's a big hit for my family since husband, younger son, and I all go on every outing and sometimes older son comes along too!

We have tried to come up with other fundraisers but our CO keeps putting us off. Example, we wanted to do a pancake breakfast on Sunday. Church decided what a great idea and did it themselves for their own fundraising efforts.

Oh well. We'll keep working on it.

The Scout pays for their own camping fees each month. If the campground charges a camping fee, it is divided between all people who are going camping. The scout (or parent) pay so much for food. The gas is covered by whomever volunteers to drive (and pull the trailer). It is usually the same 2 parents that pull the trailer. They both have extended cab trucks, so they are able to help with transportation of boys also. We usually only have to take the SM's vehicle and the truck that is taking gear,

Fundraiser money goes into each boy's account to pay for his summer camp and dues. I would rather pay monthly camping fees than have to come up with $200 for summer camp at one time. We only had to pay $18 this year because my son sold enough popcorn to cover the rest.

Any and all expenses become part of the budget.

The Quarterdeck can authorize how money is spent and can opt to subsidize events or fees.

We do try to ensure that we keep sufficient funds in the account for emergencies and the day to day running of the Ship.

So far the Scouts don't seem to want to participate in fund raising events, either because they are too busy or because they are in activities that do a lot of fund raising.

So the truth is that we just don't have the money in the Ship's account to pay for this sort of thing.

I'm not sure if it would be fair to take money out of the account to offset the cost of a camp, unless everyone was going?

Eamonn.