Stuff and changes that I would like to see

A new scout uniform fit for outdoors activies which doesn't require selling the farm to buy.

Not everyone gets to wear an NCS patch when working at a scout camp. Using the figure 8 knot as the design of choice, create a "squareknot" patch using different colors to denote the program area worked in.

Create a special Eagle patch that can be worn on an adult's left uniform pocket. The Eagle square knot doesn't work, and often, fails to identify scouters who earned the rank.

Create a blank "squareknot" to attach Eagle Palms to.

Redesign some of the more uglier merit badges, i.e., Cooking, Indian Lore, Crime Prevention, Climbing to name a few.....

What do I know........I thought scouters got to wear their Eagle patch.

I agree let's redesign some of the Merit badges. I, for one, hate the badges, as does my son, that have a three part division with pictures in each part and several are Eagle required.

Most boys only wear the shirt for camp and if they wear it a lot it's not that expensive. Price some of the T-shirts from Abercrombie and Filth that some choose to wear to school. The whole uniform is pricey but most don't wear it. My skinny boy still finds the pants too tight but it is in comparison to the off the fanny styles currently out. The shorts were shortened in the 70-80's when OP made REALLY short shorts and the boys who wear "shorts" down to mid-shin now find them too short. All styles change and the Scouts are always behind due to demand issues. Girl Scouts are up to date on styles but there is no continuity and you can't make a girl wear a uniform anyway, except for Brownies and they are just as expensive.

• 2 weeks later...

I just put a fairly long post on the "To Camo or Not to Camo", that tries to cut through the camo symptom and talk to the underlying cause...the whole uniform price/options/design issue; similar to what's here. Check it out and let me know what you think...

I am not an Eagle. However, I have strong feelings regarding this subject. Adults should not only be allowed to wear the Eagle badge (assuming they earned it as a boy), it should be the SAME Eagle badge. I say this for two reasons:

1) Once an Eagle, always an Eagle [Marines may be able to relate to this].

2) It serves notice to every boy, that men take this honor seriously. As a boy, if saw men wearing this badge, wouldn't it inspire you to aim for it as well?

That's my two cents.