We do a "Tenderfoot Weekend" campout, about 4 weeks after crossover. We focus on the Tenderfoot requirements, but also cover some other things as well. They can sign off on nearly everything Tenderfoot-related that weekend (except for the 30 day physical fitness program).

We throw them right into the fire. ;-)

Most of our crossovers occur just before or the night before our "Freeze-O-Ree", our OA conducted, start to get the camp in shape weekend.

We do squirrel away the new Scouts and the Troop Guides/ASM Mentors work with them, but they also jump right into a service weekend.

I also must add that most of our crossoverees attended our "recuiting" campout. The recuiting campout involved the Scouts manning scouting stations, knots, lashing, cooking, fire building, etc, etc... The Troop adults wait on the Cub leaders hand and foot and keep them away from the Webelos IIs the entire weekend. That's one reason we will be receiving upwards of 21 new scouts and several new ASMs to add to our Troop.

We to a shakedown each year for our new scout patrols and instuctors only. While we do work on many tenderfoot sign offs, we spend a lot of time on the patrol method, patrol cooking, set up/take down of camp and care of equipment and games.

PM me an email address and I'll send you some of our past schedules

• 3 months later...

We had our first Tenderfoot Weekend this past weekend. We had two new patrols of nine boys each, and a leadership group of seven boys; six 13 yrs. old, and one 14 yrs. old. They were outstanding and related well with the new scouts. They did all the teaching and signing of books. Twelve of the new scouts received their tenderfoot at the campfire Saturday night.

Some 2nd year scouts came out to the campfire to do skits, and some of them spend the night. One 16 yrs. old boy came out to M.C. the campfire for communication merit badge.

We receive new scouts from several different packs, and after the weekend, they feel like they belong and know some people in the troop now. I think they and their parents were all impressed with the leadership scouts. I would highly recommend having a tenderfoot weekend for your troops!