Charter Organizations

I am doing research for my Doctorate from the University of Scouting Arts, Southwest Florida Council...I would like to hear from anyone whom is part of or knows of chartered organizations which are atypical in the sense that they exist for the sake of scouting only. You can e-mail me at :jakel@nut-n-but.net, or post here...thanks

A few years back a group of parents in Newberry Park (part of Thousand Oaks) California organized a troop dedicated to cycling. They established their own non profit corporation for this sole purpose and got a charter from the Ventura County Council. At that time Newberry Park was in the Conejo Valley District (probably still is) If you want to learn more about this unit call the Ventura County Council in Camarillo, California. Should be area code 805. You'll have to to look it up. I no longer live in that area. I do not know if this unit is still in business.

Instead of wasting money by using information, try using the Yellow Pages available online at most of the search engines. I did and found this listing:

Boy Scouts of America-Ventura County Council

509 East Daily Drive, Camarillo, CA 93010

(805) 482-8938

Hope this helps!

We have a first in our state. A cub pack, a scout troop and a venture crew chartered to a group linked to the Calif. National Guard. We meet at the armory and many of the guardsmen are leaders in the units. We are proud to be with the soldiers, and our scouts look forward to every activity with them!

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to thank all of you whom replied or didn't reply to my question, you have all helped me to prove my thesis.

By the way, the word "Essayons" is a French word (the slogan of the Army Corp of Engineers) which means "Keep on Striving".