Friends of Scouting patch

FOS Council Strips can be worn by any registered member of the Council. They aren't awarded or presented to the donor they are simply a perk for making a donation at that level. Certain CSP's (Wood Badge, Lodge, Vigil, etc.) should, of course, not be worn by those that haven't recieved that honor or training. I often hear of FOS CSP's being refered to in a negative light by active Scouter's, but these folks need to realize that some cannot support the program with time by volunteering, but use a different method (funding) to show their support of the program.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Scout can wear the patch if he and his parents want him to. Personally, I would not wear that Council Strip. I think it is more for collecting than for wearing, but if someone wants to wear it, it is fine as the strip is official.

OK the unofficial official UNIFORM POLICEMAN IS NOW IN! ;)

As others have mentioned, ANY CSP can be worn by ANY member of the council. The scout's family participated in FOS, so I have no problem with him with it.

Never heard of such a thing as "commemorative" CSPs not for uniform wear. Either it's a CSP and can be work on the shoulder, ot it's a Temp Patch for the right pocket(or for all CS leaders [both male and female] and female Venturing leaders [but not female Venturers FWIW] above the right pocket). All patches can be worn.

Now I would look askew with someone with a JSP that they did not attend, or a under 18YO yute, Venturing Yutes 18-20 are OK, wearing a WB CSP, etc.