National Camp Schools

I am a 13 - year veteran of the summer camp game who's going back for one more. While I have taken camp schools(4 of them) in the Northeast, I'm looking for a change of pace for my last cert in Aquatics. I would gratly appreciate if anyone could send in information about camp schools that have Aquatics Director programs happening before June in the Southern and Central regions.

Oh yes, I am most certain that the Central Region must have one before June. I went to one about 7 years back somtime in March I belive... It's been too long. I would just contact the Central Region office. You should be able to get the number from your local council. If you can't let me know and I'll search my files. Later.

By the way- Aquatics??? geez why don't you do something easier for you last year? Try Camp Director training or something :)

Well, cjmiam, I've already gone the Camp Director and Program Director Route, and worked for two years as each. But neither of these positions was as personally fulfiling to me as working with kids. Years ago I was an Aquatics Instructor and absolutely loved the work. This just seemed like a great way to end my time at camp.

There is a National Camp School being held at the end of April 2002 in southeastern Wisconsin near Kenosha. I don't yet know if they'll have aquatics training. Might just be for Cub Scout day camp and resident camp. I'll keep you posted.