Leader patrol patches

I do have one uniform with my WB Critter on it. But due to Staffing WB, I don't wear it unless to unit meetings and other functions. I have seen adults wearing "OLd Goat" Patrol and other patches, and most Cub Leaders wear Patrol Patches. I am not a Uniform Police, but do get on to the boys about wearing theirs correctly. I try to lead by example when it comes to wearing my uniform. I only wear 100% Scout uniform on any scouting event. That includes campouts. I do take off any dangling patches and pins like my name tag. Others wear different colored trousers, and shorts, but I prefer to wear the uniform. I find it easier to ID who's the leaders that way.

RB

We have an adult patrol patch. And our own Patrol box. I think this is a tempest in a teapot. And you have to earn it. It is a silly little thing that encourages some adult leaders. I think we neither detract from the boys enjoyment nor play at man-scouts. But we do act like a "patrol" as far as cooking, clean-up and that sort of things. Try to set a good example for the newbies who usually set up near us until they get to camp farther away when they join the regular patrols. Just seems easier to say "Old Goat Patrol" will set up over there".

I gathered the adult leaders from our Troop a few weeks ago and asked if they wanted to form an "adult patrol" to set the example for the boys. We all agreed it was a good, fun idea and came up with a name, a yell and a flag. Also, we have purchased patches to put on our uniforms. I think if it helps the boys then it's fine.

Our Adult "Patrol" patch...

http://store.classb.com/dutch-oven-patrol-emblem.html

And we have an adult chuck box, several adult dutch ovens, and camp as far away from the Scouts as reasonably possible. We do our own cooking (each adult takes a different meal) and all our own cleaning up.

This is so much a part of our Troop culture that I can't imagine any other way of doing things.

During campouts the adults camp as a patrol meaning, in the same area and away from the scouts. We have a patrol box and cook meals as a patrol. We have a patrol name, Zulus, a banner we hang that says something along the lines of "Only one hour a week" We have patrol patches and some adults wear them, some don't.

I try to only wear a correct uniform and do not wear a patrol patch. I have 3 shirts, 3 pants, and 1 pair of shorts. I wear a full uniform to all functions, at all times during campouts, events, activities, etc. My goal is for the scouts to never see me in anything other than a correct full Class A uniform.

If a volunteer's morale will be boosted by a patrol patch, I say more power to them. I like the cited examples of the adults having a patrol, flag, etc...sets a good tone and gives the scouts a good impression of the adults and scouting (scouting is fun and a life-long activity).