Silver Loops

The position in ScoutNet is still 'Roundtable Commissioner'. I believe the registration code is still 83, but I'm not sure of that at the moment.

National Supply doesn't make that patch any more since in most districts the roundtables are divided. Since you're doing the job, I say wear the appropriate patch, but I'd make sure the DC doesn't want you being an ADC. It's a different commissioner key progress record.

• 2 weeks later...

hi Ramblin:

As many have said all ready, it sounds like you are being tasked with Assistant District Commissioner duties. This is good.

Please, Please, reconsider your trip to Philmont for the WB Refresher course. You would be so much better served by atttending the week long Commissioners Conference held at Philmont. You will find very quickly that Wood Badge is much different now than when you originally took it.

My reccomendation to you is to hold off on the WB Refresher and take the Commissioners Conference. Serving as a Commissioner in any capacity has many different challenges than serving as a Scout Master.

If you have any training oppurtunities either in your Council, or out-of-Council, you should get into any "Basic Commissioner Training" course as soon as possible. These are often held in conjunction with a "Commissioners College" or a "Commissioners Conference" being held at the local level.

if you are committed to a weeks vacation anyways, and you are heading out west, if you can change plans - scrap the WB and get into the Philmont Commissioners Conference.

It was the absolute best week of my life, and i would do it with you this summer if I could.

Craig