another ANOTHER Jac Shirt question

Okay, I didn't buy the "real" Jac-Shirt because it's tough to justify throwing down $100.00 for a coat when I already have 3.

I wanted a red BSA one bcause...well...I just wanted it to wear to RT and other meetings. Yep, proud to be a scouter, but still can't justify $100.00 for a coat.

So instead I bought the lined and insulated red windbreaker from the scout shop instead. Cost me a whole $14.00 on sale.

So here's my question:

It came with the universal BSA emblen( stuck to cardboard that hangs from collar on a string) on a red background. Noticing that commissioners wear a commissioner patch instead of the BSA patch...I was thinking of sewing a CubMaster patch on instead.

Figured that I wouldn't lead anybody to thinking I was part of a troop either by doing this.

So, while I am not really worried about somebody being insulted by this...I do want to try to be correct in doing it. I mean,just because 1 person doesn't like it won't stop me, but if it's flat out really not correct, I'll just use the universal emblem instead.

So?(This message has been edited by scoutfish)

The proper patch is the FDL patch that came with it.

That said I know that some folks will get a non-supply jacket and have it embroidered.

I also know one troop that awards outstanding adults the red windbreaker, but with the troop patch instead. Not many of those are awarded, and I wish I had not lost mine in the moves.

As the uniform police will be quick to point out, there is a section on red jackets covered in the insignia guide. My personal opinion is that is in there primarily for scouts and scouters that are going to be part of a jamboree contingency.

So, if you feel like substituting, nobody but the uniform police are going to be offended.