Alternate Uniform being tested

Ok folks, somewhere on SCOUTER.COM, or maybe MYSCOUTING.ORG, there was talk about an alternate uniform being tested in MD.

Here is a link i found wiht more info.

http://ideas.scouting.org/akira/dtd/21150-2119

It has a link to a pdf fiel witht he proposed uniform I see MAJOR problems of affordability.

$59.99 for a shirt.

$54.99 for shorts

$14.99 for socks

$19.99 for a t-shirt.

Maybe I am just cheap, but I have a real problem affording a uniform this expensive.

Ok I know I posted on the alternate uniform here somewhere, just can't find the post. I said that the alternate uniform reminded me of the "activity uniform" of the 1990s that consisted of khaki shorts and a colored polo: red for Scouts and leaders, khaki for Varsity Scouts and coaches, and maroon for members of a troop's venture crew (this was pre 1998). It was a complete flop.

Also with the original commentary, something sparked a memory of Urban Scouting of the 1970s, another failure.

Finally I commented on what uniform a Scout would wear for attending council/ regional/ national events like NYLT, conclaves Jambo, etc. This "alternate uniform" cna casue some real headaches.

Now that I see what the alternate unfiorm consists of, I googled the prices of the same items at such places as cabela's and CampMor. The items are more expensive than the regular uniform items. I really think this is going to be a flop.