Somthing in the air . . .

"If no one wears them then getting rid of them is an efficiency. USMC, still the best bang for your Defense dollar."

Gunny,

I saw Dress Whites during the summer when I served, and outside of the D.C. area and Annapolis (where it was required), Evening Dress I saw only twice. However, both were very sharp uniforms, and very much a part of USMC tradition (reemphasizing the Naval heritage). Fortunately in my case, my Evening Dress coat was given to me by a great SNCO when he retired, thus I didn't have to make the expenditure.

Thank you Pete Schoomaker. Grrr.

The problem is you have to go back over a hundred years to historically look at the Army Blue uniforms. Troopers wore branch colors for their trouser stripes and rank stripes. Piping on several of the uniforms was also in branch color.

What the Army is going to get is a "Generic Soldier" uniform.

Pinks and Greens would have been better.

snoore. snnnnooooze. Snoooore. Hmmm. Brak, brak, oh..

I never said no one wore them, but that I saw so few of them that it seems to me that keeping them in stock in a Service that doesn't espouse uniqueness within it's own ranks was a highly inefficient use of the logisticians time.

And that is probably a part of why they were eliminated.

And thanks for mentioning that in the D.C. and Annapolis areas is where you did see them worn.

Also, the majority of the Corps uniforms still emphasize the Naval traditions I still haven't seen one other than MOPP gear that didn't have a fouled anchor on it somewhere... :)

Back to the snoooze.....