Coolest Eagle Court of Honor Known to Man

Okay...Now that I've been told that there are no limits on what you can do at an Eagle Court of Honor, I'm looking for ideas. The

location has already been decided upon (field behind our house), but we need ideas to make it unique and powerful. My sons and I have

several ideas, but they (as would I) want to create the "Coolest Eagle Court of Honor Known to Man". Please post some ideas. What is

the coolest/neatest/most powerful Eagle Court of Honor that you've witnessed? Thanks. Looking forward to seeing some of your

ideas/stories.

I'm in tha same boat. I just held one Eagle court of honor Nov. 29 and I have three more coming up. What a great problem to have!

Outdoor COHs are cool by their very nature.

I did once see a OA themed Eagle court done for a Lodge Chief. Basically the ceremonies team came out and conducted the COH in full regalia with a fire and candle lanterns. The most powerful ceremony in my mind is the Ordeal ceremony for OA. This was more so.

The only thing is that the ceremony only seems appropriate if the Eagle was an active or very active member of the order if he wasn't it comes off as disingenuous but that doesn't stop you from pulling elements from it and making your own ceremony.

I think www.eaglescout.org (my current favorite site)has the full ceremony online but I'm not sure.

Troop 623 sends its heartfelt congradulations to the Candidate, his family and Troop.

Try http://www.macscouter.com/macscouter/Eagle/index.html

it is in the MacScouter website and is one of the most comprehensive resources I have seen on Eagle Court of Honor's. As luck/fate/serendipity would have it I am also in the midst of planning my sons Eagle Court of Honor. We would have preferred an outdoor one, but November in pennsylvania doesnt lend itself well to this goal.

What about doing it at dusk, as the daylight fades you light a single candle, that of scout spirit, and then light three more as the scout oath is recited for the three points of the scout oath. The 12 more candles as the scout law is recited. Then a comment can be read about how a single flame of scout spirit is multiplied when the whole of scouting is applied.

My son has fallen in love with the Eagle Challenge Ceremony, it is quite interactive. Its in the macscouter Eagle book