Troop wear out dates for new numerals

A bit of unnecessary hostility there eh jblake.

When did the BSA tell you or anyone else that you have to chnage anything about your uniofrm? They have alredy explained that you can keep wearing the uniform you have for as long as you want, or mix pieces with the new uniform.

That's an awful lot of machismo posturing over something that you already know is not an issue.

After all you could have just as easily said, "I have decided not to change my troop numerals till they need replacing."

My goodness! Uniform Police? Fire? Frightened children? That's an awful lot of self-imposed melodrama in defense of a stance you don't even need to take, isn't it?

Hmmmm, I guess I must apologize to members of the forum for offending them. I didn't realize there might be those out there who are humor-impaired. I guess there are scouters who are so literal in everything that when someone finds an opportunity to have a little fun (something that is supposed to be part of every scout program) it comes across as offensive. Please accept my apologies.

Stosh

Bob, when were we told what the policies are regarding the new uniforms? I don't see anything one way or the other regarding uniform changes, new uniform or conversions between new and old in the Insignia Guide. I do read about the benefits of uniforms (much the same as what we are taught about uniforming as one of the methods of Scouting. I guess it's my assumption that when they talk about uniform they mean uniform, as in all the same.

On the other hand, what you are saying is consistent with what I've always been told and understood, but perhaps that's just BSA myth?

I can only imagine the amount of money the supply division has spend on developing the new uniforms. Couldn't they have spent just a bit of that on a clear and concise reminder of the related policies and practices? They could have sent an email at relatively no cost. They certainly don't have a problem sending me an email when the extra Cub Scout shot glasses -- excuse me, Cub Scout toothpick holders -- go on sale.

Well for one we have had an employee of the Supply division post here about it. Secondly if you read the brochure on the new uniform that was posted on this form it says "Transitional pieces to mix and match with your current uniform." My third source is information we recived at PTC from a nationals director wearing the new uniform. Finally from the Uniform regulations of the BSA whish as you agree say that once an official uniform piece always an official uniform piece.

I do not believe that the new uniform was a creation of the Supply Division as you have stated. the uniform was designed and developed from a volunteer committee that has been working on the uniform for about 4 years. Supply Division is responsible for marketing and distribution, not the design.

Keep in mind the uniform has yet to be released.

There will be a new Insignia guide coming out soon, as well as a new Scout handbook that includes the new uniform.

You can expect articles in Boy'S life and Scouting Magazines, probably the next issue.

There is already info on ScoutStuff at http://www.scoutstuff.org/BSASupply/info.aspx?page=bsauniformmain

Patience is a virtue