New Uniforms

Got a holiday seasonal catalog from BSA Supply Group today that includes XGO-BSA poly underwear to go with your switchbacks. Official BSA underwear has arrived. I can't wait for the reaction from the uniform police!

Nah, it's just further evidence of how far BSA National is really under the LDS's thumb... ;)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh the dilemma!

#1 son has had a growth spurt. He needs a new "field" shirt and "field" pants. I'll drop some coin on a pair of switch backs but I'm gonna force him to wear the old "parlor" shirt until this new one is issued. Can't wait to see this new thing.

Just a few comments...

I like the current uniform. The brown instead of the red (for the unit numerals) has me picturing a desert, for some reason. And National won't have Councils change their strips to be less colorful, will they?

Does anyone know what "muted green" means? I am picturing a sea foam green... Or would it match the pants? I actually hope they don't get rid of them... It helps to know wheter someone is a Boy Scout or Cub Scout (leader), or from the District/Council/region/national...

I don't mind velcro. None that I've had has worn out on me. I actually think it would be a good idea for the position and rank patches, because those get changed more frequently than the others. The rest of the patches, in my opinion, should be sewn on, because people usually stay in the same unit, council, etc. We have a family in my troop that does velcro for the rank and position patches, and it seems to work for them, but I always choose to sew mine on. Yeah, I had to change the patches 4 or 5 times, but it was no big deal to me. Now, my mother said that if SHE were the one to have to change it all the time, we would've done velcro. :) (that's why she had my grandmother teach me to sew...)

"As described to me by a (very) highly placed source, the big picture effect is to "get the red out", which is consistent with Kudu's post. I think this does partially help with Jeffrey H's concern about being a walking billboard."

I thought that one of the purposes behind wearing a uniform was to be a walking billboard. "I'm part of this organization and I'm proud of it." Heck the NBA uniforms that kids wear are walking billboards as as the replica professional soccer jerseys.

Do we really need to blend into the wilderness in our uniforms? Back when BSA taught tracking and stalking there was boatload of red on the uniform. Now when there is no need to hide the uniform is supposed to blend in?

Gern, that's the spot I'm in too. Nobody around here seems to know anything about these new uniform shirts (DE incl.) so I'm just going to sit tight for as long as my son can still fit into his "old style" uniform, and hope that supply rolls out these new options fairly soon.