Removing Badge Magic....From the floor

Berber Carpeting. You could try Gum Terps, or spirit of turpentine. When I delivered and installed appliances 15 years ago we would use that to remove the sticky residue from the tape the factory used to cover corners, hold doors shut and so on. Never discolored the paint. A little dab on a cottonball. Good luck. Or try Goo Gone. Made from citrus and is all natural I think.

What's the problem, you still have the floor right? And if you want to calm your 4-year-old, just stick him to the spot.;)

Seriously, I know some solvents that will do the trick but they'll take up the floor as well. However, as you already know, I hope, this is what comes with the parenthood territory. And I take some bitter delight to inform you, it's only going to get better (worse). Someday when you're about 55 you can finally redo the floor or, better, move away from it.

I'd go with Lisa's suggestion and a shrug.

On a Vinyl floor...

... try in an inconspicuous spot, spraying a bit of WD-40 to see what happens.

If nothing happens to the floor, spray the WD-40 onto the Badge Magic and blot it up with some paper towels.

OR,

If that fails,

Just stick a picture of your least favorite political person (latest Presidential candidate )onto it.

Try adhesive remover, found in the cleaning supplies section of your favorite big box store. Apply heat with a hair dryer and scrape with a plastic putty knife.

We use a lot of Heat 'n Bond for projects, using a Singer steam press. A while back the wife forgot to put things together right and ended up with the Heat 'n Bond stuck to the iron plate. That little technique worked like a charm.

I do suggest you try it on a hidden spot, like the linoleum under the fridge.

Ed

I install flooring for a living, just not that kind, (I install pre-finished hard woods and laminates (think pergo style but a higher end brand)...)

What we tell our customers is to avoid any thing that is oil based (like WD-40 and such) as it can leave behind an oil spot.

As for what we do recomend, well, that varies by brand and I'm not sure how any of it relates to a sheet floor of unknown brand and type. But here goes... My floors clean up well with a white rag with a small amount of alcohol OR mineral spirits OR acetone.

If you do know what brand the floor is, look it up on the web.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I have to get this stuff up because the house is under contract, and the buyer (OK the husband) is a difficult, Type A kind of guy.

Re: Needle and Thread

NO. Neither will I toss the lipstick and mascara because someone ground them into the bathroom carpet (Yeah I know oxymoron) while I was cooking Thanksgiving dinner. Nor will I stop wearing perfume because that was experimented with too. Look I can sew and embroider, but when the DH has been gone for all but eight months of the past four years, you take the shortcuts.

So glad his parole came through! Just kidding. I know, where does the time go? At least they haven't taxed spare time yet- only because they wouldn't make much on it!(This message has been edited by local1400)