Did the Uniform Police do the puzzle....

I just got my new BSA catalog. I think the picture is really great. A crossover ceremony with Cubs, Webelos, Boy Scouts, Venturers and leaders.

A very impressive picture of real scouting. Later on last nght while being bored I started looking for uniform goofs. Now you must have a keen eye to spot them. So here's what I found.

Three OA sashes worn at a non OA activity.

Merit badge sash worn folded over a belt.

Trained patch on right sleeve.

Venturer wearing white socks.

If you can spot more then you can be promoted to Chief of Police :)

Before you start bashing my comments, this is done in fun.

Have a great day! And I may see some of you (that means you Manyirons)at Winter Banquet.

Cary P

Wow, what fun. Good eyes purcelce!

I'm not sure the cover of mine is exactly the same since I don't see a right-sleeved trained strip (I do see a quality unit strip on the adult on the right), can only see one OA sash on the Eagle Scout with the folded sash, and no venturers in picture.

I do see the cubscout wearing a blue belt with green pants. Oops, stage hands made a mistake there - get the police.

Thanks for the fun exercise.

On the cover of mine, the young black scout in the foreground has his Quality Unit patch on the left sleeve, under the Unit numerals. There are two leaders, and 5 other Boy Scouts in the picture. No cubs, webs or venturers.

I must have a different version (Boy Scout leaders' Edition)... i didn't see the ones you mentioned.

Actually, Cub Scouts are allowed to wear the blue belt with the green pants. Their belt loops won't fit on the green belt.

I see the Scout with the Quality Unit patch on the left sleeve, but the leader immediately in front of him has the Quality unit on the right sleeve. And I do see the merit badge sash on the belt (which still seems like a convenient way to wear it in certain situations). I'll choose to take the mistakes as meaning that there are more important things in life.

Oak Tree

I must have a different edition. I don't see any OA sashes at all. I do see a MB sash below belt level on the Scout behind the Scoutmaster who's handng the Webelos his book ... hmmm ... say, why is the Scoutmaster doing that? Shouldn't it be a Scout who is handing the Webelos his book?

On the cover of my Leader's Edition, and adult is wearing his QU patch on his right sleeve and a Webelos crossing over is wearing a different year QU on his left sleeve. Also, A Scout is wearing his MB sash over his belt and it looks as though the same Scout has his OA sash on.

So I guess that means these are correct ways to wear the uniform. At least there are no disclaimers in the catalog that these are for demonstration purpose only.

Ed Mori

Troop 1

1 Peter 4:10

It is possible to have different year Quality Unit patches if you are crossing to a troop in a different district. When we were with Cubs, the district we were in did their recharter in March. We crossed to a troop in a district that does their recharter in January. But then our council has 11 districts that cover the southwest corner of the state of Oklahoma. However, the majority of the districts are in the Oklahoma City area, so it is easy to cross district lines when changing units.

"Venturer wearing white socks."

The color of the socks are not mentioned in the Venturing uniform 'policies'.

Personally, I DON'T wear white socks with my Venturing uniform. I have some gray socks with 2 vertical blue strips I wore for awhile. Later on I got the 'official' Venturing socks. I usually wear those.