Patrol Emblems - making your own

Just found out that our Jamboree 2005 group will be making their own patrol emblems to match their patrol flag... Wonder if anyone has actually tried making their own, and the different techniques you have used. Was thinking of getting the "blanks" and then using the inkjet transfer paper to iron on the printed graphic. Not sure how it will hold up on the rough blank emblem material vs a nice smooth cotton shirt.

My sons patrol chose the name "Rainbow Trout", great name....but no BSA made patrol emblem. Solution-Blank patrol emblem-1" brass and enamel fishing hat pin of a rainbow trout-super glue on back of pin-center on patch-push pin onto patch-bend pin over- sew to shirt(s). Found pins on eBay. There is a supplier there who sells nothing but these pins in lots of styles. Oh, BTW so far the one on my sons shirt has survived 8 washings, no chips or cracks-recomend zap-a-gap thick super glue. Will Kirchmayer ASM T131

Try thepatchplace.com There are other sites also that can do custom patrol patches. When my son was a webelo, they decided on the "Big Dog" as a patrol/den name. Our patches turned heads everywhere we went. they took Big Dog t-shirts as a class B uniform. Our Yell was "If you can't scout with the Big Dogs, stay in the Pup tent!!!" I say, be original, have fun with it.. You will also find it builds Quite a bit of unit pride, when others want to be Big Dogs or Rainbow Trout or Road Kill, etc.