Shoulder loops, Venturing, and other BSA idiocies

OGE,

If we are nominating world leaders based on what we have read in these threads, I would have to think that you have the nomination wrapped up.

I found yaworski's comment to be completely tasteless and void of dignity. It is unfortunate it had to appear in a scouting arena.

Bob White

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I found yaworski's comment to be completely tasteless and void of dignity. It is unfortunate it had to appear in a scouting arena."

Wah, wah, wah!

You don't want to hear the truth if it ain't happy talk.

Old Gray Eagle & Bob White,

I didn't ever think that I'd hear

myself saying this, but I agree with

you guys entirely.

I would have thought that a group of scouts, young and old, could have a grown-up and civilized debate without resorting to personal attacks. Maybe Yaworski should re-evaluate his participation in ANY aspect of scouting, as the comments he has made show that he has reaped very little from it.

Are you seeing a therapist Yaworski? If not,

I highly reccomend that you do so before

your next Troop meeting.

(This message has been edited by Venturer2002)

Yaworski, So by keeping up your unique style of commentary I can only surmise you do care about Boy Scouts and use your contrarian, abrasive, "devil's advocate" style to make people think.

Glad to have you aboard, its the grit in the polish that makes the metal shine

First, Thanks for the kind words Bob,

Second, I guess I am just trying to reconcile the anger. When I dont find logic, I try to instill some, perhaps you are right, bad manners are bad manners.

Still food for thought, regardless of the source, should still be contemplated(This message has been edited by OldGreyEagle)

"Sorry OGE, but this isn't playing devil's advocate, it's just bad manners. It is not helpfull, cheerful, friendly, or courteous, and does not belong in the content of these posts. "

Talkin', talkin', happy talk

-Bloody Mary

I notice that the paterfamilias does not chastise the boy-child either for butting into an adult conversation or for making rude comments to me. Why not? Because the boy-child doesn't make negative comments about BSA.

My 2 cents worth....

Venturer2002, glad to have you participating on the board. You seem to be a wise young man. Keep up the good work.

"I do, I just don't care for the way that BSA is spiraling into the abyss of mediocrity. "

How do the color of loops and circles contribute to "mediocrity"?

If spiralling into mediocrity is your concern yaworsky, then perhaps you should raise your own behaviour to reflect the higher ideals of scouting as reflected in the Scout Law. Traits which, by your insults to the other posters, it would appear you have little regard for in your life.

You are demonstrating yourself to be part of the spiral.(This message has been edited by Bob White)

"If spiralling into mediocrity is your concern yaworsky"

If you are so concerned for the feelings of others, why is that you insult me by misspelling my name?

"by your insults to the other posters"

It's not an insult if it's true.