Best Arrow of Light plaque or award display?

Our pack has used the kits at CubItems for years. Plaque, engraved plate, and arrow for you to customize for under $50. Den leader or Cubmaster will do the traditional painting, though a few times they've used hanging beads.

I know there is also a VERY nice woodburned plaque out there, but it was just too expensive for us.

Z

• 2 weeks later...

The best one is the one that you and the boys make together.

Buy some 1x8 white pine shelf boards or get them donated

Draw, dremel, carve, or paint a sunrise/sunset on the board

Drill two holes

Put some sticks in the holes or dowels

Glue them in place

Mount the arrow to the board

Have the boys make their own, or you make them for them and have all the boys sign each other's on the back with a sharpie marker.

I second BSA's comment. You can get parts and put it together. GO to the Scout Shop and find the Webelos/AoL posters/patches, there are some big ones appropriate to this. I had an old log that was split down the length, and a friend with a chainsaw. He cut off some "cookies", I sanded them smooth, drilled an appropriate hole at an angle, stuck a broken off arrow tail in the hole so it looked like it was splitting the log. Glued on the AoL and W patches. Got out the wood burning set from the closet floor (you can also use a soldering gun) and wrote the boy's name and date and Pack # on the disk. They loved it. Yes, it took a while, but as the WDL, I felt a need to do it for the four of them. Two are Eagles now, one never moved up to BS, one I lost track of him.

Ready made is nice, and if you need the skill of another, nothing wrong with having it done to your liking.

We used a wooden wall plaque, long.

Two hooks screwed in to hold the arrows.

Boys used a wood burner to burn their names in.

Underneath we attached a large "arrow" made of red felt onto which they transferred all the significant patches from their uniform.