Eagle Scout ceremony as a part of a regular court of honor

I might have done that myself, had I not completed my EBOR the night before I shipped off to college. What happened in my case was that, since I was unavailable for the most part, the local OA chapter helped me pull it together. It was simple but very nice.

In the end, it's really up to the new Eagle and his parents as to how to proceed. IMO, however, it is still incumbent on the new Eagle to bring cake...

I've been involved with Eagle ceremonies in several different districts in our council, so I'm not sure if this comes from council or not. What has happened if the Eagle scout wants to do the presentation on the same night as a troop COH is that the troop COH is closed and the Eagle COH is opened. Then there are varying degrees of pomp, going from very simple to not. The folks involved have been adamant that the Eagle COH is separate from the troop COH.

The scout can have a completely separate "Eaglezilla" presentation at a venue of their choice lasting up to an hour or more. I've been to those, too. No comment.

Vicki

My Troop as a Scout held a joint COH. First rank advancement, then the Eagle portion. Each Eagle still got his roast, parents came up, etc. I liked it, since you saw the spread of boys earning ranks, but plenty of time was spent on the Eagles.

At the Troop where I serve, Eagle COHs are separate events. The are semi-catered events (food afterwards). A nice photo slide show is done to music. A roast is held. The "Voice of the Eagle" is used. However, attendance varies depending on the schedule and the boy.

My son has earned his Eagle, and is considering when to hold his COH. Partly he wants far distance family to attend, but he is also considering waiting until a couple of buddies catch up with him.

Every ECOH I've been to has been separate, including mine. The only really big ones I went to were those of three brothers. These guys were like the Kennedy's of the local OA lodge (every one of them was a Chapter Chief, Lodge Chief, and a Section Officer), their dad owned a car dealership, and they were well known and liked by everyone in the council.

• 1 month later...

I received my Eagle in 1973 and my younger brother got his in 1977 or 1978 and we both received our Eagles at the conclusion of a regular Troop COH. This was the way our troop did things from the 60's through the 80's until it disbanded. I really like it that way and am encouraging my troop to do that now. Seems that the current trend is for an Eagle COH to be a big show/presentation for the Eagle/s. Great, the young man worked hard to become an Eagle, but I think it's a little selfish/showboat to have a ceremony for one boy seperate from all other BSA events. Having an Eagle Ceremony at the conclusion of a normal troop CHO shows all the Scouts and their families what it takes to become an Eagle. But then I prefer to be alittle more modest/humble. Proud, but humble etc....