Asked to sit on an Eagle BOR

I was asked to sit on an Eagle Board of Review. The young man was an officer (Program VP) in the Venture crew that I helped start (I stepped down at CA, about 5 months ago) and is now the new Chapter chief for the OA chapter (that I was asked to be Chapter Adviser, about 4 months ago). He is a great, motivated, and cheerfull, HS Senior, who has pretty much gotten this far without much support from his parents. He has 2 older brothers that pretty much burned them out as active Scouters in the troop. He is very excited to be Chapter Chief for all of next year, and obviously completing his Eagle rank with his 18th birthday just weeks away. He clued me about what he would like to hear, by referring to questions about the meaning of life as my contribution to his Eagle BOR. I'm curious if any of you have had some experiences that suggest something that I might contribute to this last BOR of his youth scouting career?

He's prepping answers, imo. Give him a hard question from an unexpected corner: You have lots of moral/ethical/political/resource challenges in California, get creative :)

EagleSon's EBOR was people he knew well, but 1 was Council Exec Bd, 1 was a District Commish, and 1 was an RT Commish. They were able to make him think ;)

I've not tried this before, but maybe, if a young man has a vision to articulate, give him the floor after the Oath and Law and let him run with it. THEN, see where you need to probe...

Anyone try that technique along the way? How were your results?