If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
When I speak of Venturing uniforms, I always point out the official National one, which I wear.
BUT, I always point out there are other options, and cite examples I have seen. These include:
* aloha shirts (with all the patches, as you see here)
* "fishing shirts" (again, sometimes with all the patches, sometimes just an embroidered logo)
* polo shirts (once, with all the patches)
* tshirts (with either an embroidered or usually a silk screen design)
* denim shirt (not yet seen, but could be done with embroidered design)
* vest with patches (seen once with a crew/troop located in a youth detention facility)
My crew had polos with a crew logo/venturing logo... and I've seen one crew with overalls/lots of denim - model rail roading! Pretty awesome.
It's a youth program - I find the patches tacky - but if that's how they want to identify great. Polos were nice because they were good for activities and out in the public for bowling nights and such.