X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• council directory?

Does anyone have - or know of a link to - a directory of all 300+ councils nationwide including mailing addresses? I can not find such a directory on the BSA.org site and my googling has not helped.

Many thanks!

A partial list of websites: http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/councils/all.aspx

Comment

Thanks, shortridge, I did see that but it only lists websites and not snailmail addresses.

Comment

Right, but they should have the snailmail addresses on their sites. Makes for a laborious process, but it might be the best you can get.

The other alternative would be to use a list of council numbers, if you can get them, and punch each in individually to the locator site, http://www.scouting.org/localcouncillocator.aspx

Comment

You might give national a call and see if they will email you a list ... 972-580-2000

Comment

there is this http://usscouts.org/aboutbsa/bsa-map.asp

the last choice on the page says its a directory, its in Excel and it has snail mail, accuracy, of course, follows the Pierre Salinger Syndrome experience

Comment

OGE;

Interesting list; has significant historical value. The number of local councils in early days, prior to 1930 or so, is significant. That they appear to have merged, often a number of times, each time becoming larger challenges the viability of small councils and truly local control. It continues to be an issue from what I see, especially where the councils are "so" large that some members likely rarely see their professionals, and have to do everything by mail or computer.

Thanks.

Comment

OGE, that's terrific, thank you. The verified date is 3 years old (I know that my council has moved since then), but I'm guessing perhaps 90% accuracy.

Comment

One lives to serve...

Comment

and thank you for your service

Comment

Here's something that just demonstrates the central bizarre organizational inefficiency that plagues the BSA.

First off, they don't have a list of all of the councils easily accessible from anywhere that we can easily find.

Second, the list of council websites includes 304 councils. How can it possibly not include all of the councils? Do some councils not have web sites? Have they ignored requests from National? Doesn't someone from National ever talk to people in those councils?

Comment

Working...
                      X