X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scouting History Page

At the risk of shameless self-promotion, those interested in Scouting history might want to check out www.facebook.com/menofschiff and www.menofschiff.org. Both center on the book, Men of Schiff, A History of the Professional Scouters Who Built the Boy Scouts of America.

Thanks for posting these links. I looked up your book a few days ago; do you have any plans for a Kindle edition anytime soon?
    Last edited by Scouter99; 06-23-2013, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• Kahuna
      Kahuna commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I'm working with Lulu on it now. They are just moving slowly.

Latest update on the ebook from Lulu is that it will probably be available by early July. They're moving fast. Don't know the price yet.

Comment

Latest update: The eBook is now available from lulu.com. It will be on Amazon in a week or so, but Lulu is charging the same price, $8.99.

Comment

Kahuna; Am in the process of reading the book after recently receiving your inscribed copy as ordered. Am not very far as yet, but already finding it interesting. Found your quote on page 17 from James Truslow particularly applicable, in my mind, to what goes on today in many of these forums and our society as a whole. You might post some of it in another more contentious forum. Also find your comments on your short career as a professional, and the reasons for leaving to be spot on from what I have observed over my long tenure. The terrible schedule, which I briefly observed in 1971 while shadowing a pro from the old Riverside council in So Cal, was enough to put me off; added to it was the under $8K starting salary of the time and the lack of youth contact.

Will likely post additional comments as I work through the meat of the book. Thanks.

Comment

You might post some of it in another more contentious forum.

You mean like this one? I'll give it a try.

Comment

Book is on sale through July 4 for $13 at my website. www.menofschiff.org

Comment

• Scouter99
              Scouter99 commented
              Editing a comment
              Put in my order this afternoon, can't wait!

Thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
            X